Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dancing in the Rain

Hey Y'all,

I got an email from Sunny today and one of the quotes that I really like and thought I would share with you said, "Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain. I really feel like we have been doing that. Even though we are in the middle of a storm we find time to "dance" everyday. Our chemo was postponed again yesterday to Wednesday.(white cell count still too low) It is a definite go tomorrow and it is our last! He is doing quite well today. His mouth is a little sore but other than that he feels pretty good. His weight is down to 169 lbs, so he has lost 11 lbs so far. My goal is to maintain it at that number but the last three weeks will be the hardest. Please pray that this last chemo doesn't hit him too hard. I am trying to encourage him to do as many feedings a day as he can. He really needs about 2500 calories to stay nourished and hydrated but he is actually only getting about 1500 and that's why he is losing weight everyday. He is not eating any food by mouth and only drinks a small amount so thank God we had the PEG tube put in before we started. He has completed 21 rad treatments so that means only 14 left. I was so glad to turn the calender to September today! We are in our finish month. Love you all! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment