Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Morning

It's Monday for sure. I am really dragging today. It was a super weekend. Earl is doing fantastic. He is not queasy at all now and is only taking a small amount of the naseau medicine. He in still really tired. He has been taking long naps all weekend and that is just what he needs to do. He has been getting all his nutrition in like he needs to and that has helped him feel a little better. See, the chemo drains your body of everything and then it forces your body into working overtime to rebuild all the cells that were destroyed that is why he is so tired. So any extra nutrition helps you have more energy and feel better. He completed his 29th radiation treatment this morning so he only has six left! Yeah!!! He hasn't lost anymore weight over the weekend so that is also a plus. I just need to keep him away from any germs, at this stage of the game we can't afford for him to get sick. Oliva and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert Saturday night. We has such a great time and Kenny really rocked North Charleston. I am glad I was able to share that with Olivia. We will both always remember it. I can't believe that Friday, Earl will be almost finished with his treatment. It has been a long road. I am ready for him to start healing now. His new nickname is Slim! I don't think he likes it. Oh well, it's much better than the nickname his family calls him. Sorry, I can't post that. Y'all have a good week. Love you all! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment