Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hooray for Progress

Hey everyone.

We are one week out of treatment and doing pretty good. Earl is now eating soup and soft food and not using his PEG at all. He is feeling really good. He played nine holes on Saturday. I am so Thankful that he is improving everyday. It is so nice to have him back. I know it will be a slow progress and he will not be fully back to himself for a while but it is so nice to have him up and around and feeling good. We all take our health for granted and sometimes we don't take very good care of ourselves and just think that we are always gonna have good health, but when you are down and sick and can't do anything for months you realize how important it is. Our next big hurdle is getting the PEG out. I called the DR today to see when we can and I am still waiting on him to call me back. Earl hates it so much that I just think that will be one last thing that will make him feel even better. I am just so excited each day to see him improving and I know by this weekend he will be even better. Thank you so much for the prayers. We love you all! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment