Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's a wrap!

Good afternoon all,

Earl finished his final radiation today! All the Doctors and staff gave him a round of applause when he came out of the "room". I could hear him smiling over the phone when he told me. They let him bring his mask home, kind of creepy. Oh well, Halloween is right around the corner. He doesn't have to go back for four weeks. Now we can celebrate! Dr. Harper said she really doubted he would need any further surgery, so hopefully the PEG will come out soon. They just yank it out, OUCH! So yesterday when I got home from work he wasn't there. That was unusual because he is always in the same chair watching TV. Not today, he decided to go play a few holes. It was like he was a new person. Tired, but he did managed to finish six holes. He said it just felt good to get out. I suspect now he will do more of that. Besides the fact that he is a bag of bones, he really looks great. I will keep you all updated on his progress. Thank you all for the support over the last three months. I love you all! Donna

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Now you two need to go on a FABULOUS trip to celebrate this looooong road you've been down! I'm so happy for you both.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete