Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Hey y'all,

We have finished week 5. I am so excited that the end is near. Earl is doing great. He is so determined that he is pushing himself really hard. He is eating soup now and that is a big deal since he hasn't eaten food in over two weeks. He is still doing the feedings for extra calories and nutrition but he is really determined to get the PEG tube out ASAP. As you know the last chemo treatment keeps getting pushed back. I have just accepted that and we will get it done when he can handle it. It is the last one so no big deal. I want him to be as strong as possible anyway before he gets it. I can tell his energy level is improving everyday. He hardly takes any pain medicine, maybe only once or twice a day. His voice has completely come back, so that is good. Except for the weight loss, he looks great. So we have a long weekend, as no treatment on Monday. Olivia went to Alabama with her Dad, so we will be home alone. We will just enjoy each other's company and get him rested up for the last chemo. Oh yeah, and I will probably have to cut grass. I guess you're suppose to cook out on Labor Day, but since we can't grill soup, I guess we will have to skip that. I am so excited about the upcoming fall and holidays. I am anxiously waiting our new life. Thank you all for keeping up with our story. Love you bunches. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment