Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Day of Treatment

Hey Everyone,

Well all I can say about yesterday is we survived it all and today is a new day! We arrived at MUSC Hollings Cancer center on time and a little anxious. We were suppose to start treatment at 10am. We actually started at 12:30pm. Everything was a mess, no one knew why we were there and they kept sending us to different departments. Finally, the DR got it all worked out and we finished our first Chemo at about 4pm, then headed over to East Cooper to get radiation. That only took about 15 minutes. Earl did so good! He is my hero. I am so proud of him. He got a little flushed once but I think that was because he was hungry. We went to On the Boarder after Radiation and he ate very well. He has a lot of anti nausea medicine so the DR said only about 5% of patients get sick. I hope we aren't part of that 5%. So we came home, took showers, and tried to unwind. Got in the bed about 10pm, then Drew called at 11:30pm. He had ran off the road trying to answer his cell phone and hit a stop sign, some bushes and a ditch. Car had to be towed, but Drew is okay. Earl and I got to spend two hours on the road waiting for the police report and tow truck to come. So we finally got to bed at 2am. WHAT A DAY! Anyway, both of my men are fine today and I still feel so blessed. Here's a little note to all you-DO NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE OR TEXT WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING. Love you all! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment