Thursday, August 27, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel


Hello Everyone,
We are rapidly approaching the end of week four and will start week five Monday. All I can say is we can see the light! Earl and I have some really strong conversations about this whole journey, last night I asked him if it has been as bad as he had expected or worse and he said it has not been as bad as he had thought. He is tired and weak but hanging in there pretty good. We watch a lot of TV and it just really feels good to sit beside him in the chair. He has lost weight and doesn't really eat, (nothing tastes good) He is using the PEG full time and is drinking and eating Popsicles, but that's about all. All in all, I am so proud of him. He doesn't complain and really tries hard to be in good spirits. I have promised him that when he gets better I will start playing golf with him on a regular basis. He really wants us to do that, so I will. I just can't wait to see him on the golf course again. His voice is coming back some now, so he can talk he just sounds funny. I try not to cook too much at home because the smell of food cooking makes him sick. He doesn't even like the smell of coffee brewing. I'm gonna have dinner tonight with two friends, and enjoy some girl talk. I just wanted y'all to know that he is doing good and getting by. The end is near. Thanks so much for your prayers. We love you all so much. Donna & Earl

1 comment:

  1. Hey..I'm soo proud of him too.. he is trying to do normal things on this journey and sometimes that is just hard but he's doing it.. YEA for EARL!!! I'm soo glad the light is finally at the end of the tunnel.. GOD IS SOOO GOOD.. I'm glad that you are going out with gf's.. you have to take care of yourself too.. I LOVE YOU.. MISS YOU TONS.. hope to see you all soon..
    deb and family

    ReplyDelete