Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer in July

Hey Ya'll,

We had a fabulous weekend doing nothing special but enjoying the great weather and a relative pain free weekend. Earl and I did yard work Friday night unitl about 8:30pm, trimming bushes and putting out pinestraw and cutting grass. It was such a nice evening and the yard looks so good. Then we had a little pizza and beer and chilled in the hot tub for about an hour. (Actually I had the beer.) Earl played golf Saturday and Sunday and played pretty good. I hung out at the pool with my mom and sister on Saturday afternoon. He has lost most of his stitches and can pretty much eat anything. Most of the swelling and bruising is all but gone and he is feeling pretty good. We went out on the motorcycle Saturday night and met up with his friends Lane & Joyce at the Dog & Duck. We grilled out burgers Sunday and my mom came over and ate with us. Drew was actually home for a change and ate dinner with us too. That's always a treat for me since I hardly ever see him. Olivia fed most of her burger to Cody ( the poodle). He doesn't mind. Monday-Back to work!!! He has his appointment today to get fitted for the mask and hopefully they will be able to get it done so we can get the treatment going. We are so ready to get it all going. The waiting really is the hardest part. I am guessing that if they scan for the mask today then treatment should start by August 1 or maybe sooner. In case you were wondering he will wear a mask during the radiation treatment to protect his head so they only radiate the part where the tumor is. The mask kind of looks like those masks people wear who sword fight (fencing). It's sci-fi looking but none the less necessary. I hope all of you are doing well. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, may God Bless you with good health! Love, Donna

2 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad you had a great weekend...wish we were there with you to have a beer or wine for me..LOL.
    miss you and always know that both of you are in our thoughts and prayers..
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a nice and relaxing weekend and you got to spend some time with Drew! I know the waiting is so hard, but you're so lucky to have each other.

    I miss you and will call soon to catch up!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete