Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ready, Set, Go-almost!

Earl got the call from Dr. Harper this morning that his mask is ready. He will go in for a "dry run" on Wednesday, July 29. That is when they do everything they would normally do for a real radiation treatment but they don't actually turn on the juice. That is to ensure the positioning is correct. She is going to call Dr. Shari to set up the 1st Chemo treatment and then we will start the first real radiation treatment on the same day. We are pushing for August 3. However, the first actual treatment may start on that Thursday after the "dry run". I swear it was the best news, just knowing that we are starting treatment. I found a new website that I love! It is cancer.org and they have a discussion board. You can chat with people who are either going through the same thing you are or are survivors of the same type of cancer. It is so nice to talk with folks who have survived this stuff and have a positive outlook. Sometimes Doctors are so negative and full of gloom. I prefer to stay positive, thank you very much. So we will enjoy our upcoming weekend, I hope you will too. Love you all! Donna & Earl

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of you on the 29th and wishing that I could be there with you..:(
    GOD IS SOOO GOOD!! I know that he is hearing our prayers and Earl is going to be ok.. our thoughts and prayers are with you everyday..

    LOVE YOU.. take care of yourself so you can take care of Earl
    deb

    ReplyDelete