Monday, July 20, 2009

Boone Hall Plantation


Hello Everyone. We hope you had a good weekend. We sure did! I took Friday off to spend some time with Olivia. My mom and I took Olivia and her friend Ali to Folly Beach for a day of R&R. It was so windy that we only stayed an hour. We spent the day together so that is all that mattered. Earl is feeling pretty good. He played golf Saturday and Sunday while I hung out at the pool. He wants me to start playing with him so I'm gonna pull out Olivia's clubs and give it a whirl. I'm only good for nine holes, my ADD kicks in and i'm lost. So maybe this weekend I can play nine with him. Sunday evening we went and saw The Little River Band perform at Boone Hall Plantation and it was a great evening. What a beautiful place for an event. I think the only original member of the band was the lead singer, everyone else looked too young. LOL It was still fun and the music was good. Some of ya'll may be too young to know them. I'm not! Earl has a dentist appointment today for a checkup. We are just waiting for the call to say, It's time to start the first treatment. You can see the tumor now kind of sticking out on the right side of his neck so I know it has grown in the six weeks since diagnosis so I am anxious about getting treatment started. He is both ready and nervous. I still think it will be one day next week. The club Championship Tournament at Pine Forest is August 8, I hope he will be feeling good enough to play in it. I think he will. On another note, Caroline Lorberbaum lost her battle with pancreatic cancer last night. She is my brother and sister in laws mother. My heart goes out to them. She was an incredible person, the kind you could sit and talk to for hours. She had a full life and had so much knowledge to share. The world lost a good mother, grandmother, aunt, wife, and friend. She will be missed so much. I love you all. God Bless, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment