Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Week

Well, we made it through our first week. Earl is doing pretty good. I picked him up yesterday afternoon and took him to MUSC to get his Neulasta shot. This is suppose to help him rebuild white blood cells. He felt good last night and ate dinner. He sounded good this morning and was probably just going to spend the day working from home. Tomorrow he gets his second dose of Erbitux, which is suppose to take about one hour. He has to meet with Dr. Shirai for a check up before his infusion. Earl is really a trooper and I told him that he must be made of steel because he handles this so well. He never complains, he has dug in his heels and is coping so well. Spring is right around the corner and so is our new beginning that will include good health and Earl being cancer free. I can tell you that the second time around of this battle is harder for me. I am struggling with anxiety and stress. I really thought we were through with this cancer treatment stuff. I was wrong. What I now realize is that once you are diagnosed with cancer you are really never quite done. It is something you will always deal with, in some aspect or another. That's life! Love you all, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment