Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Dentist

Today was totally not what we were expecting to hear but then again none of this has gone as we anticipated. Eight teeth removed! WOW Two are his wisdom teeth but the others are molers on both sides. Whew. It was overwhelming to say the least. After all the shock, I think we have digested it and are ready to proceed. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. It will take about two hours to complete the outpatient procedure andt then I will take him home. We have to let it heal for about a week. Dr. Fortney said radiation will probably start July 13th at the earliest. Everyone was right when they said the waiting is the hardest part. I was proud of myself, I didn't cry in the Doctor's office today. I am trying so hard to be strong for Earl. He was really frustrated today with all this news and ready to give up but after lunch he was accepting it and moving on. Donna

1 comment:

  1. We are NOT going to let him give up...he has sooo much to live for..that is NOT a option!
    Prayers do work.. I'm going to have him on every prayer list that I can think of..
    I willl see you soon.. I LOVE YOU..

    ReplyDelete