Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Journey begins


Earl was diagnosed with Tonsil cancer June 1. And our journey begins. It is isolated to the tonsil and lymph nodes but not the tongue or any other part of the mouth. Our DRs at MUSC feel confident it can be cured successfully with radiaiton and chemo. Hopefully No surgery. We have an appt with the dentist on Wednesday and are waiting to get his mask made and get the feeding tube inserted. We are both anxious to get treatment started. Earl played golf Sunday and I just layed out by the pool. I am determined to try to keep our lives as normal as possible during this whole ordeal. I know that our lives are forever changed, and I know it is for the better. We have been married for only four months now and we were looking forward to the beginning of our lives together. This is a set back, I am just glad we have each other. I am new at this blogging stuff, so bear with me. Donna

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you've started this journal for all of us to follow as you go down this path. Please know that I am holding you all close to my heart!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your lives have changed but it will only bring you closer together.. God knew that you needed each other so thats why he bought you guys together... we are on this journey with you every step of the way..You know that we are always here for anytime that you need us..
    I LOVE YOU.. thoughts and prayers are with you every day...

    ReplyDelete